INSTRUCTOR TRAINING GAP YEAR OPPORTUNITIES FOR PEOPLE AGED 18+
The Firm Foundations Instructor Training Scheme is open to 18+ year olds across the UK. It is run at our 3 ACUK centres. Please browse the site for more details.
Firm Foundations in Brief:
- FREE 12 month training scheme.
- Includes accommodation and food.
- £200 per month subsistence.
- Gain nationally recognised qualifications.
- 2nd Year option available for full salaried position and extra training.
- We believe it is better than other options out there - Find out why
About Our 3 Centres
You can do Firm Foundations in stunning Shropshire countryside, over beautiful lake views or in a bustling vibrant sports centre. Each of our centres has its own flavour, and each its own community of staff and trainees. They also run different length programmes – please read through the info to find out which centre would best suit you:
- Whitemoor Lakes is our Multi-Activity & Watersports centre in Staffordshire.
- Pioneer Centre is our Multi-Activity centre set near the Wyre Forest in Shropshire.
- Benham Sports Arena & Kings Park Tennis Centre is a busy indoor sports & tennis complex in Northamptonshire, great for those pursuing a career in Leisure Management.
We offer various qualifications across our three centres, so for a detailed breakdown please click here. You can gain industry recognised qualifications from the British Canoe Union, British Fencing Association and many more awards ranging from watersports to climbing, archery to first aid. On top of this you will also receive centre-specific training.
“...there is nothing better for people than to be happy in their work.....”
ACUK is the wholly owned operating company of the registered charity Northamptonshire Association of Youth Clubs (NAYC). Established in 1961 by the late Rev Harry Whittaker MBE, NAYC has extended its influence and involvement far beyond the county boundaries of Northamptonshire. Operating upon a foundation of Christian principles and offering service regardless of race, religion or creed, NAYC has over 50 years experience in providing people with opportunities. You can find out more on the menu to the left.