Firm Foundations at Whitemoor Lakes
Whitemoor Lakes is our brand new centre in Staffordshire. It specialises in watersport and outdoor activities. The ideal candidate will have an interest in watersport and outdoor activities, be hard working and self-motivated, innovative and a god team player.
The centre offers a unique chance to be truly innovative on your year – as the centre is still new, many of the sessions still need further development – and you could be the one creating and implementing new ideas. We are currently recruiting for 10 trainee instructors.
- First Aid
- Child Protection Training
- GNAS Archery Leader
- BFA Fencing Activity Leader Award
- BCU 2 Star Paddle Sport Award
- BCU UKCC Level 1 Sport Coach Award
- BCU Foundation Safety & Rescue Training
- All relevant training for activities run at the centre.
- BCU 3 Star Canoe or Kayak*
- BCU UKCC Level 2 Paddle Sport Coach*
- Climbing Wall Award*
- Single Pitch Award*
- White Water Safety and Rescue*
- BCU 4 Star Canoe or Kayak Leader*
- Mountain Leader Award*
- Optional Christian personal development training**
*subject to individuals progression ** optional for each trainee
Duties & Responsibilities
- To assist in the correct operation/manning of all equipment and activities supplied by the centre.
- To prepare and deliver high quality, fun sessions to groups of young people and adults in a manner that represents the reputation of Whitemoor Lakes and Action Centres UK Ltd.
- To help with the day-to-day running of Whitemoor Lakes – including on occasion house duties and site work.
- To help the Centre Manager and Chief Instructor with the development of the centre and its activities.
- To attend and participate in appropriate meetings as required.
- To ensure all equipment and items relating to the environment are maintained in good working order.
- To complete training and partake in regular assessments.
- To strive to continue to develop as an instructor and in your own personal skills.
- To actively promote NAYC’s values and outreach through the Centre’s activities.
“To equip his people for the works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up.”